esigned for both solo use by independent creators and dynamic pro video capture, the Ronin 4D from DJI is an innovative all-in-one camera/gimbal solution. The “4D” designation refers to the Z-axis (vertical) stabilization built into the X9-6K camera and the three-axis gimbal stabilization. Constructed from lightweight carbon fiber and an aluminum/magnesium alloy, this system is ideal for independent content creators, indie filmmakers, and event videographers. The full-frame capture at rates up to 6K60 in Apple ProRes 422 HQ and Ronin’s CineCore 3.0 image processing system with ACES workflow support also suits the 4D as a “B” or 2nd unit camera for larger cine-style productions.
All-in-One Camera Gimbal System
- This combo includes the main Zenmuse X9-6K full-frame video camera and a 3-axis gimbal, plus an array of modular monitor, focusing, and control components.
- Kit items include a DL lens mount, a LiDAR range finder, one TB50 battery, a charging hub, and left and right control handgrips.
- This innovative camera gimbal combines imaging, stabilization, and focusing in one lightweight, carbon fiber and aluminum/magnesium alloy rig
- Combination design reduces your setup time at the start of the day and in between setups and locations
- Included modular components:
- Left and right control handgrips
- LiDAR range finder
- Top handle
Separately available components:
- 7″ high-bright, touchscreen monitor
- Wireless video transmitter
- ProSSD 1TB media drive
- X9 focus motor
- Leica M lens mount
- 3-channel FIZ lens control unit
A wireless video transmitter is not included in this combo kit.
v01.04.0200 Firmware Update
- Added support for Leica L-mount lenses.
- Manual calibration added for zoom lenses.
- Playback support for anamorphic de-squeeze on High-Bright monitor.
- Supports applied LUTs for HDMI output in clean output.
- Optimized the camera start-up time.
- Enhanced fine controls in manual focus mode.
- Added playback and zoom control support to handgrips.
- Fixed E-mount lens focus at infinity and manual iris reading.
- Fixed various gimbal settings issues.
- Fixed green tinge on video playback.
- Fixed LiDAR focus issues when waveform appeared normal.
CineCore 3.0 Imaging Processing System
- The Zenmuse X9, DJI’s full-frame camera, uses a proprietary chip for advanced processing and high-performance computing
- The Ronin 4D uses the CineCore 3.0 system to support internal ProRes 422 HQ and H.264 video
- Industry-standard ACES workflow support provides easy compatibility with other cinema cameras
Advanced 4-Axis Stabilization
- Selectable Z-axis stabilization reduces unwanted vertical camera movement, especially during dollying moves
- Z-axis stabilization is built into the camera; 3-axis stabilization in the gimbal
- Tilt stabilization uses dual, symmetrical motors
- Pan and X (roll) axes with additional stiffness buffering
- Downward ToF (time of flight) sensor
- Forward and downward-facing dual-vision sensors
- Built-in IMU (inertial measurement unit) and barometer
- New and improved stabilization algorithm
Zenmuse X9-6K Camera with DL Lens Mount
- The D4’s DL lens mount supports DJI’s current selection of lightweight, carbon fiber 16, 24, 35, and 50mm lenses
- Full-frame capture with all but the 16mm DL lens
- Interchangeable lens mounts available for use with Sony E-mount or Leica M-mount lenses
- Supports ultra-wide, f/0.95 large-aperture, electronic zoom, macro, and anamorphic cine lenses
- Please see the current lens compatibility list here
ProRes 422 HQ and H.264 Capture
- Capture up to 6K60 ProRes 422 HQ video in full-frame 2.39:1
- Capture up to 4K120 ProRes 422 HQ video in Super 35 2.39:1
- Capture up to 2K120 ProRes 422 HQ or H.264 in 17:9 full frame
Dual Native ISO
- 800/5000 dual native ISO
- EI 200 to 12800
- 14+ stops of dynamic range produce nuanced imaging under a range of lighting conditions
In-Camera ND Filters
- Built-in ND.03 to ND2.7 filters let you easily adjust to quickly changing lighting conditions
- Especially handy for outdoor shoots with changing cloud cover
- Motorized filter system
- Carry in “built” mode for easy company moves
LiDAR Focus Control
- LiDAR (light detection and ranging) system uses up to 43,200 ranging points within a 33′ range
- Excellent focusing performance even in low-light environments
- Focus pulling can be viewed graphically, thanks to a built-in depth meter
- Intuitive and highly accurate focusing system
- Modular LiDAR focusing module attached to the front of the D4 rig
- Maintains focus, even when motion blur is produced by fast-moving subjects
- Separately available focus motor for use with manual lenses
- Continuous autofocus is compatible with ActiveTrack Pro, a boon for solo operators
Single User or Crew-Assisted Operation
- Top-notch stabilization in a lightweight form
- Ideal for both solo operators as well as assistant-accompanied shoots
- Designed to counter footsteps from inexperienced gimbal shooters
- Works equally well with a single grip, dual grips, shoulder supported, or tripod-mounted
- Sport mode is available with the touch of a button, accommodating faster-paced action
- Use in standard, underslung, jib, and crane setups
Automated Manual Focus
- The AMF function (Automated Manual Focus) combines the accuracy of manual focus with the ease of autofocus
- Operators can grab the focus wheel of the right handgrip at any time to manually focus
- Hand grip focus wheel uses dynamic damping to provide a physical feel for focus changes
- DJI’s ActiveTrack Pro features combine continuous autofocusing with composition adjustment for professional-looking tracking shots out of the gate
- ActiveTrack Pro is based on computer vision, deep learning technology, and the computing power of DJI’s CineCore 3.0 imaging system
Dual Focus, Iris, and Control Grips
- Right-hand grip has a focus wheel that doubles as a control for main camera adjustments (menus, exposure, etc.)
- Left-hand grip has a full-range joystick to control pan/tilt; useful when adjusting headroom and more during follow mode
Media Storage Options
- Requires a ProSSD 1TB drive (not included) to capture raw footage
- USB Type-C port for external recording, no reader needed to offload footage
- Integrated CFexpress Type-B card slot
Built-In 5.5″ Touchscreen Monitor
- 5.5″ 1920 x 1080 monitor
- 1000 cd/m² display
- Touchscreen control
- Rotates for optimal viewing
- Integrated stereo microphones capture dual-channel 24-bit audio
- Built-in 3.5mm audio input port and XLR port via expander plate
- Uses the same TB50 intelligent batteries as the Ronin 2 and Inspire 2
- Each battery provides up to 2.5 hours of capture time
- Batteries charge fully in approximately 1.5 hours
- Support auto-heating for cold weather use
- AC adapter for uninterrupted shooting